1 cup apple cider
½ cup orange juice
1 pound apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon Morton’s kosher salt
1½ tablespoons dark brown sugar
½ teaspoon orange blossom honey
1 teaspoon baharat (or substitute pumpkin pie spice)
1. Place apple cider, orange juice, chopped apples, honey, salt and sugar in a sauce pot and bring to simmer.
2. Cover and cook at a simmer, stirring frequently. for 1½ to 2 hours.
3. Place the contents in a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Put the mixture back in the pot. Add the honey and baharat (or pumpkin pie spice). Bring back to a simmer and cook until the apple butter is thickened.
5. Chill the honey apple butter and serve with challah.